Friday, August 23, 2013

10 Places to Bargain Shop, #10

Yay! The final day in this series. We made it! As much as I'd love to say I'm sad it's over, I'm really just not. I'm ready to move on to discussions, tutorials, and projects. You know: the fun stuff.

10.) Coupons: Again, not a place. However, almost every store has coupons that you can use to help you save money. I do not do the whole extreme couponing thing, but I do use coupons whenever possible. Here are a few ways to get coupons:
-Go to the brand's or store's webpage and sign up for email alerts.
-Check the newspaper inserts
-Google it!
-Send the brand an email (you can also get free samples by doing this from some brands)

Some stores send out weekly newsletters with 20-50% off coupons, some offer free shipping coupons, some give you buy one get one free or half price, etc. There's tons of coupons out there if you look around. When I go to a store with a printable % off one item coupon, I always print two out - one for me and one for The Husband. Then we go in and get the product and save money at the register. Win-win situation.

Of course, if you are wanting to try out extreme couponing, there are several webpages out there with help and instructions to help you get started. Honestly, I would probably do it, but we don't have the room to stock-pile. Oh well.

Thanks for reading these last couple of weeks. I really hope I've helped some of you out in saving money. How do some of you save money? Are there certain places you shop to help out? Leave a comment and let the rest of us know! I'd love advice.

No comments:

Post a Comment