Tuesday, July 30, 2013

10 Places to Bargain Shop, #2

Welcome to day two of my ten places to bargain shop and why.  I can't wait to get these done so everybody else can save in some of the same ways I do. [Not to mention I started two new projects last night and am excited to be able to share those with you as well!] Today's place to bargain shop is...

2.) Clearance Racks - Probably one of my more favored places, but also one of the most 'expensive' on the list. When shopping, I always make sure to look at the clearance racks first.  EVERY store has them (some have racks, aisles, and baskets located throughout the entire store) and you would be surprised what you could find at an amazingly low price. Here are some of my most recent scores:

-Old Navy: Clothes for The Diva at $1.49-$2.00 each; shoes for Baby Boy at only $2.79; Steelers shirt for The Hubby at $4.49; maternity shirt for me at... $1.99! I love Old Navy!

-Sears: Summer shirts and shorts for The Diva for next year at $2.00-$3.00 each; onesie for Baby Boy for $1.59 (We have a very small Sears that consists mainly of tools, so I usually don't even enter the place, but I had Baby Boy on my bladder and it was a long walk to the main bathroom, so I went in and was surprised by their prices. I'll have to make sure to check them out more often.)

-Jo-Ann's Fabric: Flannel for $2.99/yard; knit fabric I'll use for a shirt for The Diva at $1.25/yard; Returned 100% wool yarn for only $2.75; 100% polyester thread (500 yards) for $0.99 each.

-Hobby Lobby: This store always gets me and my checkbook in trouble. I recently bought some Tulle in all colors for $0.25-$0.49 from their remnants basket;  some ruffle bottom diaper covers I'll use for photography at $2.75 each; and even scored a lime green 1950's style suitcase for $7.99 (baby portraits will look great with that! )

There are several other stores I have recently saved money at by buying from the clearance racks, but I'll stop my list here. Look forward to another post tomorrow, which will be day three in the series. Thanks for reading!


No comments:

Post a Comment