Thursday, September 11, 2014

Born to Be... Great?

You know, it's weird. I never really was a big fan of kids. Animals were more my thing. But yet, here I am, a stay at home mom that home-schools. I think maybe I was always destined to be a teacher (I taught at a daycare for 4 years after The Diva was born, then did in-home for a year, then went to school for teaching before dropping out because I hated it), but I have felt restricted by state standards, parental expectations, etc. 

However, I am here to tell you right here and right now that I am done with people-pleasing and worrying about if my kids are learning what they should or should not be learning at a certain age/stage. My kiddos are happy and healthy and intelligent. Why should I care if somebody thinks something should be done differently? I mean, if I continue to do what's expected ONLY, then the kids and I won't have fun. I won't be able to really experiment and find new fun things to do.

I mean, look at all of those amazing things on Pinterest! I bet that moms/teachers didn't get to do all of those things by following the books. Right? Maybe I'm over thinking all of this, but it's been bugging me for years now. Seriously, where is the fun in living if you have to follow every body else's rules?!

So... Rant over. Look forward to seeing my fun activities that the kids and I will be doing since I feel like I am finally breaking free of my internal chains that have been holding me back from greatness. I'm a creative person by nature, and I really cannot wait to put it to good use and see where it leads me.

No comments:

Post a Comment