Thursday, November 21, 2013

Thief Thursday, Peppermint Sugar Scrub


Over the weekend, I decided to make some sugar scrub to go in some pedicure gift boxes I'm making for my Etsy shop. I bought all pink things for my first set, and thought "What better than some peppermint scented sugar scrub to complete the gift?!" So, Isearch recipe on Pinterest and came up on this (and, of course, modified it to fit my liking). 


Ingredients Needed:
 - 1/4 cup Granulated Sugar
- 2 Tbsp Epsom Salt
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil (Wish I had Coconut Oil instead right now)
- 3-5 drops Peppermint Oil
- Coloring (optional)

You also need:
- Bowl/Spoon for mixing
- Another small bowl and spoon if you color some
- Storage Container (Baby food jar in picture, but I decided on something different later)


Mix the sugar and salt together first in the bowl. Then, add the oils. If you don't want color is yours, you are now done. Pretty simple, right? Imagine what you would have paid for that in a store...

If you decide to color yours, just separate your sugar scrub in half, add a few drops of color to 1/2, and mix. Add more drops, if desired. I made mine more pinkish to match the gift box.

Then, just layer by the spoonful and pack in (so they don't mix later) a container that can the tightly sealed. Sitting out, the scrub is supposed to be good for at least 2 months. I recommend refrigerating yours if you know you aren't going to use it daily or several times a week



No comments:

Post a Comment